New Habits That Last: Organisational and Personal Change Mastered (London, UK)
A new year often also signals the start of a new you - a new focus and desire to change long established habits or practices that maybe restricting your health, wealth and general fortune. But how do you stay the course when on average over 50% of new years resolutions are broken within the first fortnight of the new year. What can we learn about the steps to mentally prepare ourselves for forming new habits and how can we extend them to organisational change - where for change to be sustained, everyone needs to form new habits in the new way of working and change managers play a vital role in coaching new behaviours.
Join the London Chapter as we host Ian Price, author of Head Start: Build a Resilient Mindset So You Can Achieve Your Goals, as we discover:
- Why we find it difficult to stick to resolutions (and are, in fact, wired not to do so)
- Why resilience is important – and how to build it
- What science can tell us about forming habits and the very latest thinking about self-control and willpower
- How the interplay between our beliefs and behaviours determines our resilience and our success
Attendees will learn:
- How the way our brains work often gets in the way of staying resilient and persisting towards our goals
- Some practical tips for building resilience and forming virtuous habits
- How this can be applied in a change context
About our Speaker
Ian Price is a performance psychologist that helps organisations and leaders achieve their goals by building their resilience and mental toughness.
His first degree was in English Literature at Magdalen College, Oxford and he began his career at strategy consultants LEK before moving into the telecoms industry, holding a number of senior positions in companies including BT Group.
Always curious about psychology, he changed career in 2008 and began a two-year MSc in Organisational Behaviour at Birkbeck College. He has practised as an independent business psychologist since 2010 and is a member of the Association of Business Psychologists. Ian’s new book Head Start: Build a Resilient Mindset So You Can Achieve Your Goals has just been published globally by Pearson and focuses on distilling his experience into actionable steps individuals can take to drive personal change.
Members £15, Non-Members £30. Members should login to claim the discount. Times are GMT.