UK Buckinghamshire: Applying Positive Psychology to Change
This workshop will look at how the research and findings of the relatively new academic field of positive psychology are relevant to the opportunities and challenges of organisational change.
The workshop will consider five key areas of positive psychology and their impact on and contribution to organisational change
- Positivity and Social Capital
- Strengths and Performance
- Relational Quality and Human Energy Patterns
- Organisational Flourishing
- Effective Leadership in Emergent Change
The workshop will be participatory and discursive. The workshop will include exercises and structured conversations to help embed concepts and learning and to ensure that participants are able to relate the material being presented to their own situation.
By the end of the workshop participants will understand
- What positive psychology is
- The positivity ratio and why it’s important to performance and change
- What strengths are and why they are important to performance and change
- What a high quality relationship looks like and how it contributes to organisational functioning and change potential
- The importance of energy networks to organisational functioning and change potential
- The factors that influence social capital and its importance to organisational change
- The three characteristics of flourishing organizations
- The four key elements of effective leadership during emergent change
Sarah is a chartered organizational psychologist and one of the principal positive psychology and appreciative inquiry practitioners in the UK. She works with organizations both commercial and not for profit to achieve effective, sustainable, positive change. She is an Associated Fellow of the British Psychological Society and a Principal and Founder Member of the Association of Business Psychologists. The author of ‘Positive Psychology at Work’, and ‘Positive Psychology and Change’, she is also joint author of ‘Appreciative Inquiry for Change Management’. She is a regular national and international conference speaker on Positive Psychology, Appreciative Inquiry and Change.
There is free parking outside the building from 6pm. The Quadrant is a 5-minute walk from Milton Keynes Railway Station.
We acknowledge the sponsorship support of our event partners Network Rail.
Members £5.00, Non-members £10.00
Members please log in to purchase a ticket at the discounted rate.