Viral Change™ – combining analytics and influencers to drive large scale behavioural change (Dublin, Ireland)
When leading change, top down change doesn’t always produce the best outcomes - often it’s the informal networks that are crucial in achieving organisational behavioural change. Learn how to lead Viral Change™ in your organisation to achieve lasting large scale change results, featuring a case study from Health Service Executive (HSE).
Join the Change Management Institute and Morgan McKinley for our first event of 2020. When leading change, top down change doesn’t always produce the best outcomes - often it’s the informal networks that are crucial in achieving organisational behavioural change. In this session, you’ll uncover how network science and organisational network analysis (ONA) can help you identify hidden organisation behaviour. You also learn how to identify, engage and empower the real influencers within your organisations to deliver successful large-scale change.
Our experts will share their deep knowledge and success in leading Viral Change™, and in particular, we’ll hear about the HSE experience and how they delivered large scale behaviour change across their workforce using these techniques.
Our program for the evening will include:
- András Vicsek from Maven7 will introduce the concepts surrounding network science and viral change, as well as tools and techniques to identify your influencers.
- Kahlil Thomson-Coyle will present a real world example of how the HSE applied network science to drive large scale behavioural changes across one of the most complex organisations in Ireland. She will talk about their why, how, challenges and most importantly, the results of the Values in Action program and the impact for those who use the services of the HSE.
This will be followed by a Q&A session with our presenters, and we’ll close the evening with a light supper and networking opportunity.
About our speakers
András Vicsek, Co-Founder of Maven7, is a researcher, a management consultant and a trainer specialized in organizational and social network analysis with an extensive background in change management, team and organizational development. He is passionate about bringing social capital and networks on the agenda of HR and management. He has been developing www.OrgMapper.com, a web-based Organizational Network Analysis tool for almost 10 years. OrgMapper helps companies to mobilize their organization, accelerate changes and break down silos via organizational network analytics.
Kahlil Thomson-Coyle is currently Deputy Head of Values in Action at the HSE. She is a social movement leader, with deep experience in leading behavioural & cultural change in the health sector. She is also a published author and recognised expert on the stigma of mental health.
We acknowledge and thank our co-host Morgan McKinley for their support.
Morgan McKinley is a global professional services recruitment consultancy connecting specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries and disciplines. Morgan McKinley has over 800 consultants worldwide. Our professional services recruitment expertise spans Financial Services, Accountancy and Finance, Technical and IT. We cover permanent, temporary and contract positions at all levels.
Morgan McKinley has a presence in Dublin, Cork, Limerick and the South East Region in Ireland as well as locations in the UK, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
We began trading in Cork over 25 years ago and built five specialist recruitment brands in Ireland: Premier in Finance, Verkom in IT, Brunel in Technical, La Crème in Office Support and, more recently, Accreate in Executive Search and Interim. As we already traded as Morgan McKinley in eight other countries we decided, from October 6th 2010, to take the significant step of rebranding Premier, Verkom and Brunel as Morgan McKinley here at home. In February 2011 we opened our first office in China. Morgan McKinley is a preferred supplier to many of the major employers in its specialist sectors, as well as thousands of smaller local employers.
- This event is FREE event for members and non-members.
- Times listed are GMT.
- Questions can be directed to: Bronwyn Hall McLoughlin firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0851747117 or Liam Sherlock Liam.email@example.com or 0861716528
- Directions: Nearest Train station: Grand Canal Dock Dart Station ( approx.10 minutes walk to the office). Walking from City centre (Stephen’s Green): Approx a 15 minutes walk. Walk down Merrion Row onto Lower Baggot street. Cross over Baggot Street Bridge and turn right. Turn left immediately after the Mespil hotel onto Burlington Road. The office is on level two of Connaught House, the first building on the right.
By registering for this event, you consent to Change Management Institute:
- to use photos that may include you in communications & materials, including social media, that may be shared beyond the immediate audience; and
- share your registration details with the sponsor (Morgan McKinley) and/or speakers (Maven7/HSE) at the event. [Note: Your contact details will never be shared or sold to other 3rd parties].
Please advise us if you do not consent to these registration conditions.