Volkswagen Financial Services Case Study (Buckinghamshire, UK)
Volkswagen Financial Services Case Study – Featuring their Change Management journey and ambitions for 2020.
The reorganisation of Volkswagen Financial Services’ (VWFS) in 2014 saw the delivery project function, known as Business Transformation, split from the IT function. As a result the need to develop a Change Management capability was recognised.
In the next few years VWFS grew from an organisation that had no Change Management function to one where the role has a higher profile and the discipline is acknowledged for the value it adds; but there is more to be done to fully embed Change Management as a necessary and funded component of all change initiatives.
In this speaker event, Jenni Thynne will talk through the lifecycle of the journey being undertaken towards democratised, enterprise-wide Change Management capability.
This presentation will share:
- Early steps to bring in explicit Change Management skills and approach
- Introduction of the first dedicated Change Manager roles and how they worked on projects
- The consistency challenge resulting in the formation of a Change Management Community of Practice
- Using a single Change Manager role to lead the democratisation of Change Management for the new Twenties
About our Speaker
Jenni Thynne has worked at Volkswagen Financial Services in Milton Keynes for 11 years and has had a continuous Change Management focus all that time, despite changing roles within the company. She has seen the company develop its maturity with change, both on the ‘technical’ project management side of change delivery, and on the side of managing the people impacts. In 2019 she set up the company’s first Community of Practice, to bring together disparate roles around VWFS which were all involved in Change Management related work.
Outside work she loves to cook for friends, write old fashioned letters, produce the odd calligraphy project, walk the black Lab and travel as much as she can with her retired husband or daughters.
We acknowledge and thank our event sponsor Network Rail for their support.
Our vision is a better railway for a better Britain. The railway is at the heart of a successful Britain. It connects people – with friends and family, and with jobs, underpinning a thriving economy
- This event is FREE for members and just £10 for non-members. Members should login to claim the discount
- There is free parking outside the building from 6pm. The Quadrant is a 5-minute walk from Milton Keynes Railway Station
- Registration from 6pm with the event commencing at 6.30pm
- Times are GMT