Development Session: So you want to progress your career? (London, UK)
With a day job, family and numerous other responsibilities, career planning (even for change specialists!) can be difficult to achieve.
This month we have Jes Ladva, Partner at Odgers Berndtson, one of the leading Global Executive Headhunters, joining us to share his experience of how recruitment works on ‘the other side’. If you have career aspirations – join us to hear his best hints, tips and suggestions!
The session will cover:
- Career Routeways as a change professional – Executive, Board or Consultancy. Which one suits you best? Do ‘5 year plans’ work?
- Planning and pathways for change managers who aspire to senior posts. Specific experience and skill-sets to develop that are not exclusively change-focused, but essential in senior leadership roles in complex environments.
- Hints and Tips – To best position yourself in the application process.
- CV composition – CVs are subjective and with a plethora of advice available, helpful suggestions will be provided to de-mystify the application process.
- Presenting change and transformation experience to stand out from the crowd - Given that delivering 'change' is on almost every CV - how do you demonstrate you have delivered it effectively?
- Interview Preparation – Do you dread or enjoy interviews, are you able to bring the best out in you, what are employers looking for from first time senior leaders in an interview process?
Register today or email us for further information.
About our Speaker
Jes Ladva is a Partner at Odgers Berndtson, one of the leading Global Executive Headhunters, with specific responsibility in leading Odgers’ Interim Management practice for Government and with additional responsibility for Odgers Interim’s Financial Services, Digital, Data and Technology practices. In addition, Jes has a close connection with Change Management through his leading Odgers Connect (Odgers’ Management Consultancy offering).
Jes has over 20years experience in the sector having initially worked in Government. Jes then went on to establish a number of interim, search and consultancy firms in the sector. Most recently operating as a chief executive of a specialist interim management and executive search company. Jes has been an advisor to the sector in identifying and developing aspiring talent in line with the current and future challenges experienced in Government and wider sectors.
Jes is also a Director of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation where he has worked at Ministerial level in ensuring high standards across the industry and was involved in the influential Women in Boards working group on promoting gender equality at executive levels.
We acknowledge and thank our event sponsor WM Reply for their support.
- Members FREE, Non-Members £30. Members should login to claim the discount.
- Times listed are GMT.